Glamour express Shahena ali unprofessional woman if you can call her that

London, England 7 comments

Update by user Apr 24, 2012

Oh no, the therapist that I go to says all the same things as you, I\'m glad I started this blog as there are people out there that have experienced this bad management.So what\'s happened, isyour new director related to Shahena ali?

I hope you get things sorted including your wage etc the more peoe that know about her the better, let\'s not let her ruin anyone else\'s brows, or lives, dont let her spread like a flying rat. Do keep me informed.

I think the other brow bar has been taken over too,I\'ll find out and get back to you.Good luck x

Update by user Apr 19, 2012

This is another thing i found, it states \'Our experienced therapists are fully trained and qualified with a recognised certification within the beauty industry and we aim to please by providing a unique, effective and high quality service to our clients.\' no Shahena that\'s not true because thisis the second time this mishap has happened to my brows, I heard she doesn\'t even bother to meet any of her staff never mind fully trained and qualified....This is turning in tto be more of a joke the more I read.

I have been bothered to complain to make people aware, however hundreds haven\'t.Has this happened to you?

Update by user Apr 19, 2012

Today I called Shahena ali only to get no response again, I have even sent an email in the past and on the 18th April no reply, I dont think I\'ll get one inthe near future either.I did do some research on her online though and found out she was a chef......chef!!!!

She has YouTube videos where she\'s cooking food with her long hair untied, that\'s about how much she knows about health and safety, this has a pure reflection on the way glamour express, the powder lounge is run....

Shambles of a company....I\'ll update you on my nextmission to get a positive response back, sorry any response.

Update by user Apr 18, 2012

Oh I did forget to say, glamour express, the powder lounge (Shahena ali) has her finger in every pot so what does she actually know about brows....Zilch.

The fact of the matter she advertises treatments but does not have the stock to do them, what sort of company is this. Based in Superdrug you\'d think they would have something to say about it but no, it actually looks bad on Superdrug. Ive just paid for a tint, 6th week without any tint, ok I\'ll have them threaded, I get my brows threaded only to have a lady that cannot communicate with me in the slightest, great.... I risk it...

Bad idea as she is as rough as a hedgehog, ive never been in so much pain, the usual therapist was not here ( she\'s great, the only reason I come back). After getting my brows done she had taken way too much thickness off, I\'m crying it\'s my face, I knew I should have waited for my fabulous regular therapist :-( I\'m crying... On top of that there was no tissue for my eyes, how bad is that ....tissue. I\'m distraught.

I\'ve heard many things about this company from staff and seen it and also experienced it, just wrong. Talking to my regular therapist she too has raised her concerns with Shahena on a number of occasions, including to Superdrug store and head office (aneesh)... They just don\'t give a s--te. How can they get away with treating people like this, what happened to consumer rights.

Oh and this awful therapist did not even clean her tools before using them on me, discusting.Very unhappy customer, Shahena if I ever met you I really would tell you exactly what I think of your tellytubby business.

Original review posted by user Apr 11, 2012

Shahena ali the founder of the powder lounge and glamour express, apparently she's a amazing business woman, far from it.... The truth about Shahena ali, for starters she hires staff over the phone, normal managers (directors) would meet there staff before hand, during their work but not Shahena . It's not the staffs fault they take customers eyebrows off,it's only their faces Shahena, maybe someone should do it to her! Communication, well with some of her staff they cannot speak any English, so how do you explain exactly how you want your brows....good question. Unqualified staff, why advertise a treatment like tinting when the staff are not even qualified to do it, oh and eyelash extensions, it's ridiculous. I do feel for the staff though, there are one or two exceptions of her staff that I have met who definitely are an asset to the company, is this the same old case where staff is not even recognised for all hard work they put in, working like a conveyor belt, one in one out for just over minimum wage.

Shahena Ali, a highly annoying, unprofessional, self obsessed with her own voice, be aware if you do make a complaint I doubt you'd get a word in edgeways .

Review about: Threading Beauty.

Comments

Beauty geek

GOT MY P60 AND WAGE SLIP OFF SHEHENA AFTER LETTING HER KNOW I WAS GOING TO THE EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNAL, SHE OWES ME £100 STILL AND MY WAGE FROM 1-18 OF THIS MONTH, LETS SEE! SHE HAD THE CHEEK OF SAYING SHE DOES NOT LIKE MY THREATENING TONE, NO LOVE DO YOUR JOB RIGHT I'M SIMPLY LETTING YOU KNOW WHAT MY NEXT STEP WOULD BE IF YOU DON'T REPLY AFTER EMAILS, MORE EMAILS AND TEXTS WERE SENT AND U STILL GAVE ME NO RESPONSE, ANGRY, LOVE ...YOU AIN'T SEEN ANGRY YET, BITTER, RESENTFUL, PISSED OFF.COM

Beauty geek

met the guy, abosolute pig!!!!figure figure firgures, now hes trying to corner me out the company......because i'n not doing high enough figures.....thick man i've had no stock, flyers, aparently its no excuse, the other girl (he knows personally) she can do 300 in 1 sat, mate i don't work sat.....

no 2 she spend 5 mins on someones brows, customers are not getting what they pay for you rip off merchant (i don't work like that mr malik hayat).Aparently i'm over confident, seriously when i tell that to clients they just laugh, i am no way over confident thats you, you really must be related to shahena ali she exactly like you.

Oh he never met me at 3, i get a call at 5.45 on my day off, i waste petrol to go and see him as i am bullied only to be manipulated and treated like a chewing gum.....how can they get away with this.I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT YOUR COMPANIES....

Beauty geek

Give me what I am owed, my wage slip, my p60 and the money I am owed if anything......i know what you mean maya it's been the worse months of my working career, this is no career, oh I did forget to mention that a new company has now taken over, cos apparently Shahena ali was doing a s--t job, it took this long for you to realise even though I'd sent a letter to superdrug head office which apparently they hadn't received, phonecalls too, urhm no no one cares, it's all a load of balls I must be a piece of blip on the floor, sure they would not like to be treated that way. The new company is called the ultimate brow bar (wow) I did some research and think they maybe related to her, I have never met these either, watch this space!!!!

Beauty geek

I have been working for glamour express for over a period of months and found it more than unprofessional organisation to work for.Shahena interviewed me over the phone and no she never throughout all my time there had met me, this is just the start.

Running out of materials such as tint, cotton pads and tissues, millions of calls, emails and texts later still no stock. Existing customers getting annoyed thinking why can't I getthe tint, well for starters it's not my responsibility, secondly she pays me just over minimum wage, thirdly she cannot even pay me correctly. 3 months later I receive stock, this happens again recently, can you imagine threading everyday like a conveyor belt, the thing is I work mon-fri a d the therapist on sat is not qualified in beautyshe can only thread and from what customers say to me and complain to staff they wait till during the week to see me. This is great butnotwhen the other therapist is getting paid the same as me but not putting the work in, walking around Superdrug trying on the latest makeup, whereas me, doing loads of clients, making sure the work station is clean, including my tools are in barbicide.

. So no tint or eyelash extensions, my hands have been causing me pain (repetitive strain) which I have made Shahena aware including my rhinitis which was too caused by fine hair follicles floating into my nose.

There is no tissue, no barbicide, no cream and I am now getting highly annoyed, I too have joined...

to Mayabrown #588226

Well what can I say, I was an x employee or Shahena, she's awful over powering love of her own voice describes her....No contract, no support, wage wrong, still owes me money for my holidays, nO wage rise, no stock and the list goes on!

When the new director took over I told him to stick his job where the sun don't shine, he was exactly like Shahena, be unhappy or jobless ....jobless thanks x so before ileft my job I managed to get 350 of my client details, took me 1 month to find a place to rent and to sort out my stress related vertigo out ( awful) andy are when I made the best decision, I had been subletting for 7 months I now have my own shop working for myself and had over 35 new clients in 3 weeks which is fabulous. Seriously thank you Shahena ali and mr self obsessed Malik for making my life ***, I'm smiling now. P.s all my clients have been to Superdrug for shopping and all 3 therapists have beenstanding around with no clients, 100's of clients have told me, thanks for doing such a *** job.

3 therapists lol I managed the place on my own for 6 months worked mon to fri, the sat girl was really bad to say the least, which meant I was getting q's of more clients for doing a fabulous job.Thanks for making me very ill Shahena, u now have 3 therapists doing nothing ha ha I hope you both get what's coming to you, you greedy people haha ha ha ha

to Investigate Shahena and mr Mal #822324

HIS FULL NAME IS RIFFAT HAYAT MALIK .HE IS A BIG FAT LIER !!!!!

View more comments